Parent Party Benefing Ridglea Hills Elementary
IT’S A PARTY ON THE PATIO!
Join us for a fun-‐filled evening with music, fabulous food, a cash bar, a fantastic raffle and silent auction.
The live auction will feature the popular “Ridglea Rembrandts” Student Art led by our own art teacher, Mrs. Michelson.
Tickets are $20 each and are available at rhpta.com.You can also drop a check or cash into the parent party envelope in
the office. To help with the party or if you have questons, please contact:
Friday, April 19th
7 1 0 1 C a m p B o w i e We s t
New Security Policies at Ridglea Hills
In the wake of the tragedy of December 14th, we as a school are reviewing and reassessing our school safety plan. State law mandates that every school conduct a fire drill every month. We also perform a Fall and Spring lock-down drill and tornado drill. We often ask Mr. Burns, our police liaison, to observe and review our drills, so that we ensure we are running the most efficient and safe procedures possible.
Our goal is to prepare children to feel confident and comfortable that in an emergency situation they know what to do. We encourage you to talk to your children about safety drills and remind them of the importance of practicing every drill as if it were a genuine emergency.
Michelle Henderson, our PTA president, and I recently visited Tanglewood Elementary to investigate the electronic door security system their PTA purchased for the school last year. We were both very impressed with the ease of the system and the security of the building. We will be sharing more information about the system at the next PTA meeting.
I want to assure you that your child’s safety is our number one priority and that we do have a safety plan in place to ensure everyone’s safety in the event of an emergency.
We recently met with Mr. Burns and Mark Bethany, the Emergency Preparedness Director for the District, to review our procedures for visitors in the building. We were given several recommendations for making our school safer that we will implement immediately.
We understand the recent changes may be inconvenient and take extra time; however we appreciate your help as we continue to take every measure to keep your child safe while here at school.
- All visitors must check in at the office upon arrival at school. Visitors must show a picture ID and the office staff will sign the visitor in.
- During the school day 8:00-3:00 students will be brought to the office for early dismissals rather than parents taking the early dismissal slip down to the classroom. Forgotten lunches and school items will be taken to the classroom by school personnel.
- After 8:00 students will get a tardy pass in the foyer and walk themselves to class.
- We absolutely encourage parents to continue to volunteer in the classrooms during the school day, but they must sign in at the office and receive a volunteer badge.
- All our staff has been trained to direct all visitors to the office for a visitor’s sticker.
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to call 817-815-1700 or e-mail me at email@example.com
Guess What? Fine Arts Day is March 8th - and we need some help!
FINE ARTS DAY!
One of the BEST days of the year is right around the corner. We need over 100 volunteers to make this day successful -Here are a few other things that we need to find right away - please let us know if you can help.
1. We are looking for 1/2 inch and 3/4 inch PVC in LARGE quantity, long lengths of rebar, 6' lengths of black pipe insulation, rolls of white duct tape and large quantities of tissue paper (colors), rolls of floral wire. If you or someone you know has access to these items as DONATION or at a deep discount, please message me and we can share details! We will gladly take these in smaller quantities from multiple sources. The PVC can be in 2-3 feet lengths or longer lengths that can be cut down. Anyone have a connection with a scrap yard around town for industrial materials?
2. Anyone with a camera and printer that photos can be taken and printed on the spot! Ideally we need that someone to volunteer for the day with their printer and camera. We can purchase the ink and paper for what we need that day.
3. Special Help Needed - This is a top secret and really fun project that we need 1 or 2 people to work on, and you will be busy with it only a few hours during Fine Arts Day. I promise this will be an unforgettable Fine Arts Day assignment!
If you can help with any of these projects, please email one or all of the chairmen as soon as possible. We try to make our Fine Arts Day budget stretch as far as possible and hate paying full price for something that we can get for free or cheap! Thanks so much for your help - don't forget to volunteer to work that day - all volunteers will be rewarded with an amazing day with the kids of RH - plus a delicious lunch and a little thank-you gift! If you have any questions about Fine Arts Day or other "RH Connections" that you can help us with- please let us know!
Noel Rodriguez firstname.lastname@example.org
Melissa Newman email@example.com
Kerri Hove firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Johnson email@example.com
We’re looking for PARTAAY sponsors!
Please consider using your time and resources to sponsor a party with sign-ups to be sold at the 2013 Hot Dog Supper on February 8th
· They can be a party for kids or a party for grown-ups.
· You can sponsor the party individually or as a group with some other parents.
· Ideas include skating, music, art, swimming, play, movie night, camp out, day at the lake house, day at the ranch, bowling, kindergarten tea party, Mom’s night out, Dad’s night out, baseball game (Cats or Rangers)…whatever you can dream up or have the resources/connections to provide!
· They can be grade or gender specific.
· There CAN be more than 1 party per grade level.
· Because parent's sponsor the parties, 100% of all money raised by the sale of party sign-up spots goes right back into the school.
AS A SPONSOR you will provide/donate/pay for:
· The venue
· Food, drinks, supplies, etc.
**AS A SPONSOR you will NOT need to sign-up yourself, your child or your spouse/date to attend a party that you are sponsoring. It is assumed that they will attend.
· Sponsor(s) name
· Location of the party
· Date of the party (this can be TBD if unsure)
· How many spots we can sell to the party…. PLEASE NOTE: This number needs to be the number of people that can sign up in addition to the Sponsors (grown-up party) or the Sponsors kid(s) (kid party) (i.e. 2 Couples are sponsoring a grown-ups party for 20 then 16 people can sign up OR 2 Parents are sponsoring a swim party that can hold 25 kids then 23 kids can sign up.)
PLEASE EMAIL Mary Claire Sullivan Kellyfirstname.lastname@example.org with some great parties. THANK YOU! Questions? Call me @ 817.735.9727
Hot Dog Supper
Save the Date
February 8, 2013
6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Ridglea Hills Elementary School
Hot Dog Supper is a fun event for the whole family to attend! There will be food, games for the children, class basket raffles, and class party sign ups. Tickets will be available for purchase before and during the event.
The following is a list of the baskets with the themes for each homeroom.
Please start bringing items to be donated for the baskets!!
1. Colston, Iglesias, Goodman, Hulen & Will – Lego Time
2. Brown, Sharp & Shields – Barbie
3. Niehoff, Streiff & Wayland – Game night
4. Maldonado, Williams & Tennant – Let’s Play Outside/sports
5. Alexander & Leschber – Let’s make a picture/craft
6. Gandarilla, Perez & Rosenthal – Sleepover Fun
7. Hixon, Hoover & Sanchez – GO FROGS
8. Malone & Maxon – Gift Cards
9. Hall & Vineyard – It’s Raining outside! What to do?
10. Miller, Powell & Wengert – Stars Wars
11. Bass & Cureton – Movie Night
12. Blakley & Rossberg - Candy Lovers
Class party sign-ups will be available the night of the event. There will be many parties to choose from. If you would be interested in hosting a party, please let us know. This is a great way to help raise money for our school while having fun with your child’s friends. More information will follow soon.
Thank you so much to all the parents! We could not do what we do for the school and our children without your support!
There will be more detailed information to follow!! If you have any questions please feel free to contact us!
Hot Dog Supper Chairs,
Lisa Brewer 817-313-7582
Heather Magruder 817-271-7917
Thanks to everyone who participated in our amazing Walkathon this year! We are proud to announce that we raised over $37,000 for our school! Way to go Mustangs!
We would especially like to thank our 2012 Walkathon Corporate Sponsors:
All Star Sponsor:
Patterson Kia of Arlington
Major League Sponsors:
Firefighting's Finest Moving and Delivery, Inc
Lone Star Ag Credit
Omni American Bank
Ramon Roofing Inc
Texas Health Care, PLLC
Matt Poston State Farm
Star Auto & Service
Walnut Creek Pet Resort LP
Walmart Neighborhood Market
R & R Bottled Water
West Auto Sales
W.W. Drywall Inc
Your Pet Staff
We would also like to congratulate our 2012 Walkathon winners:
Pre-K/Kindergarten: 3rd Grade:
1st Bay Wallace 1st Jack Smith
2nd Hunter Dodson 2nd Martha Johnston
3rd William Wharton 3rd Ryann Vance
1st Grade: 4th Grade:
1st Liz Lackey 1st Charlie Bennett
2nd Jack Hinkle 2nd Jack Mentone
3rd Grayson Shackelford 3rd Ellie Blanchard
2nd Grade: 5th Grade:
1st Ryan Fitzhugh 1st Adeline Chandler
2nd Olivia Archie 2nd Kate Bearden
3rd Tave Harvey 3rd Hayden Poston
Ridglea Hills Fall Carnival Is Coming!
Are you ready to go outside and bask in a cool fall evening with your family?
Are you ready for your son to come home exhausted with green hair and confetti in his underwear?
Are you ready to hear your daughter's proud story of how she made it through the 3rd grade haunted house by closing her eyes and holding her friends' hands?
Are you ready for the retelling of the skill it took to win loads of useless toys?
Are you ready for your child to wake up Sat. morning with a giant smile on their face when they remember they won two full size cakes and a dozen cupcakes at the cake walk?
If you answered yes to at least one of these (I doubt anyone said yes to all of them), then you are ready for the Fall Carnival at Ridglea Hills.
When: Friday, October 26th, 6-9pm
Where: On the track behind the school.
Tickets: .50 each; tickets go on sale online through the website starting Oct. 15th until 24th (there will be a will call table to pick up tickets at Carnival)
tickets will be on sale at lunch at the school on Oct. 19th, 25-26th and
tickets will be sold at Carnival (you will need to pay cash or credit card for food this year, so plan accordingly)
What to Expect: LOTS OF SPOOKY, FALL FUN!!!!!!!
We will have the Carnival on the track again this year. We kept all the classics at Ridglea Hills like the 3rd grade haunted house,
bounce houses, silly string, confetti eggs, hair coloring, games, prizes, glow sticks, flashing teeth, candy, and a DJ playing the kids favorite songs.
We will also have the photo booth back this year to take photos of families and friends. New this year will be a clown to make balloons
for the kiddos and professional face painting. We will also have Fred's hamburger truck, Gepetto's Pizza truck, and of course Curly's hot dogs and custard.
Please bring your child and invite your neighbors. Games are 1 or 2 tickets. Silly string, haunted house, and photo booth are 4 tickets.
Please contact Jami Lampert (817) 368-1983, or Michelle Ivey (682) 203-9388 with any questions.
ATTENTION 3rd GRADE PARENTS:
It’s Carnival time!!! That means it is Haunted House time for 3rd Grade Parents. 3rd Grade is in charge of the Haunted House at the RH Carnival. It is always a BIG attraction at the Carnival so we need all the help we can get. We need volunteers for all phases; helping plan, design, build, assemble and tear down.
We are putting a Planning Committee together SOON. We really need help from some of our awesome dads to help in this area, especially our engineer, electrical, construction minded dads. This year we have a little bit more of a challenge than recent years. We have to come up with new walls/pathways. They were not salvageable from prior years. We need to get working on how to do them very soon.
Each homeroom will be assigned a room in the Haunted House. The Lead Room Parent will be responsible for coordinating their theme room in the Haunted House. You will get your theme room assignment at the 1st meeting, so we strongly urge you to attend if possible. This is the only carnival jobs for 3rd grade. We will not be working any booths, so PLEASE help as much as you are able to ensure we have a great Haunted House this year. We have such a great class and I know we will have a great turnout and support.
Our first Committee meeting will be Wednesday, September 26th at 6:00 pm at Mamas Pizza on Camp Bowie. If you want to help plan, but cannot attend that night let us know and we can arrange to get together.
Please email Melissa Vance, email@example.com or call Melissa at 817-454-3132 and let us know if you can help. Anything at all is so appreciated. We will send out future emails and take home letters stating “wish lists” and volunteer times.
THANK YOU and look forward to hearing from you!!
Cindy Moon, Melissa Vance and Jennifer White
Cindy Moon, firstname.lastname@example.org
Melissa Vance, email@example.com
Jennifer White, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ridglea Hills Elementary
Wednesday, September 12, 2012
Ridglea Hills Cafeteria
All families new to RH are welcome!
R.S.V.P. by 9/9/12
Amy Chairez, email@example.com
Mandy Johnston, firstname.lastname@example.org
We need cafeteria volunteers to help the littlest Mustangs with their lunches. Only from 10:30 am until 12:00 we need YOU to put on a RH apron and roam around the cafeteria helping to open ketchup packets, juice boxes, yogurt containers and more. Many of our little Kindergartners and 1st graders need help with these items and we rely on an army of volunteers to help lunchtime go smoothly. Please contact Sarah Wallace at email@example.com
immediately with any dates that you are available to help.